The Green is owned by a Charitable Trust which holds it in perpetuity for the benefit of the community. Any change in ownership and use can only be made with the approval of the Countryside Agency and Charities Commission. The Trustees manage the Green with the help from the community. They are members of the village and include representatives of the Parish and Borough councils.
- The Millennium Green is made up of;
- Children’s Playpark
- Quiet Ornamental Garden area with gazebo and sculpture
- Woodland & Open Field Area with beautiful trees and an owl box
- Watercress Bed which forms our wild life pond
- Beautiful pond area where you’ll see ducks and moorhens happy in our clear waters
Contractors are used to cut the grass and volunteers help with other maintenance jobs both individually and as part of village ‘volunteer days’. We’re always looking for help, whether you’re a keen gardener or you are great at making a brew!